Site Allocations Plan for Stratford-on-Avon District
Intention to Prepare a Local Plan
Regulation 18 Consultation – Revised Scoping and Initial Options
Thursday 25 January to 5.00 pm Friday 9 March 2018
Stratford-on-Avon District Council is holding a six-week public consultation on the revised scope of its Site Allocations Plan. The Site Allocations Plan is one of a number of planning policy documents that, when adopted, will be used by the Council to help make decisions on planning applications across Stratford-on-Avon District. It will also enable communities to know where new development may happen in the future.
The consultation document is divided into four parts which you can comment on, in particular by responding to specific questions relating to the topics covered. You can respond to any or all of these questions. The topics are:
· Part 1 The approach to identifying Reserve Housing Sites
· Part 2 The definition of Settlement (Built-Up Area) Boundaries
· Part 3 The proposed approach towards Specific Sites
· Part 4 Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding
The consultation document can be viewed on the District Council’s website at www.stratford.gov.uk/siteallocations . It is also available to inspect at the District Council offices – Elizabeth House, Church Street, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6HX and at public libraries across the District. Copies of the document can be obtained from the Council.
The consultation is also being advertised by Public Notice in the Stratford Herald (25 January), Leamington Spa, Redditch and Stratford Observer (25/26 January) and Midweek News (30 January) 2018.
How to Comment
Comments are invited on any aspect of the Revised Scoping and Initial Options document.
· Responses can be made via an on-line comment form using the link above – or
· by downloading a form and emailing it to email@example.com – or
· by post to: Freepost Plus RTYG–BGXS-ESLZ, Stratford on Avon District Council, Elizabeth House, Church Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 6HX – or
· handed in at the District Council offices in Stratford-upon-Avon.
What happens next
The Council will take any comments received into account in the preparation of the ‘Submission’ version of the plan, which will then be subject to a further 6 weeks consultation to enable interested parties to make representations on its ‘soundness’. The Plan itself, together with all representations, will then be submitted to the Secretary of State for examination.
Comments must be received by the District Council by 5.00 pm on Friday 9 March 2018.