Good news – FTTP (Fibre to the Premise) broadband is now available in some parts of Fulready! The fibre network has been upgraded, meaning that most properties in the village are now able to order the improved service.
What is FTTP broadband?
FTTP is a relatively new type of fibre broadband with ultra-fast speeds of up to 1000Mbps. FTTP has been rolled out in areas like yours where the more commonly used FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) technology is unsuitable.
What should I do now?
- To check if you are ready to go ultrafast, enter your landline or address into the BT Broadband Availability Checker. If ultrafast broadband is available, ‘WBC FTTP’ will be listed under ‘Featured Products along with the speeds you are likely to achieve. Our How to use the BT Broadband Availability Checkerwebpage will help you make sense of the results.
- Sign up with an Internet Service Provider (ISP) for ultrafast services and choose the package which best suits your needs.
As FTTP is still a relatively new technology, not all ISPs currently offer this service. For an up to date list of FTTP broadband providers and for more information about ordering an FTTP service, visit the Fibre to the Premises page on the CSW Broadband website, which will guide you through the process.
What are the benefits of having ultrafast broadband?
Having access to superfast broadband allows you to:
- Browse the web faster
- Stream HD films, TV shows, games and videos without buffering slowing you down
- Talk face-to-face with friends and family using Skype, FaceTime or similar software
- Compete with other businesses in the increasingly competitive global marketplace
- Reduce workplace costs through remote working / working from home
Case studies – Tell us your story.
If faster broadband has made a real difference to your life or business, you could tell us about it by submitting a case study. As well as telling others about your experience of the benefits of broadband, if you are a business owner, it is also a great way of gaining some free publicity to promote your company.